Setting Up Ad Points
Ad Points allow you to enhance the ranking of your ads within NewLIST search results. Adding just a handful of Ad Points to any Freemium or paid Ad Size can boost the visibility of your ad.
Purchasing a New Ad Points Pool
To purchase a pool of Ad Points, simple click the Create New Ad / Ad Pool button. Ad / Ad Pool selection window will appear. On the right, click the Select button for Ad Points.
You can now enter the number of ad points you wish to purchase. NewLIST allows you to purchase any number of Ad Points from just one ad point to thousands for a major enterprise to distribute among hundreds of ads in different cities. It's up to you and your goals as to how many points you will need enhance your ads within the NewLIST search results.
Just as with purchasing an Ad Size on NewLIST, and Ad Points Pool is a monthly subscription that will automagically renew each month until you cancel it. To cancel the Ad Points Pool, simply click the Cancel icon in the Controls column for the Ad Pool. There are no additional controls for Ad Pools.
Managing Your Ad Pools
Once you purchase your Ad Points Pool, there really isn't much to do other than distribute your ad points to one or more ads. Clicking the Show Ad Pools button will reveal the Ad Pools area. The following information is available for you to view for each Ad Points Pool:
- Ad Pool Name - We default the ad name to simply "New Ad Pool", but you can change the Pool name to something more meaningful to your marekting simply by clicking on the pool's name and entering a new name.
- Base (Ad Points) - The base ad points for this pool. For most NewLIST clients, this number will be zero.
- Addon (Ad Points) - These are the total number of Addon points you entered when you purchased the Ad Pool. Note that Addon Points are static and never change for the life of this pool.
- Total (Points) - The total ad points available for this pool.
- Start Date - The date this pool began.
- End Date - The date this pool will end (and most likely auto-renew for the next month).
Adding Ad Points to Your Ads
This is the easy part. To add your ad points to an ad after you have purchased an ad pool, simply click on the ad's Ad Pool field and enter the number of ad points you wish the ad to have, up to the maximum ad points purchased. If you enter more ad points than you have available, the field will reset to its previous value. The system will not allow you to enter more ad points than you have available.